Visit the “Golden Triangle of Art”, Madrid’s three most-visited art museums: Prado Museum, Reina Sofía and Thyssen-Bornemisza with a professional art history guide and skip the line admission.
Combo: Prado & Reina Sofía & Thyssen
Set-off on a 5-hour guided tour at 10 am and discover the capital’s most important art galleries. Learn about the most renowned artists world-wide and their masterpieces accompanied by a local English-speaking guide.
Head to the Prado Museum and follow your guide straight into the building without queuing. Marvel at works of art that have changed the course of the History of Art like El Bosco’s “The Garden of Earthly Delights”, “Las Meninas” by Diego Velázquez or Rubens’ “The Three Graces”.
Before getting to the Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, you'll stop on the long the way to have a drink and a tapa. Once you get to this museum, discover Europe’s greatest works of art between the thirteenth and nineteenth century. Among its large collection, your guide will point out Edgar Degas’ “Swaying Dancer” and Rubens’s “Venus and Cupid” and El Greco's "The Annunciation". You will also admire the highlights of Pop Art and Dadaism with paintings by Roy Lichtenstein, Richard Lindner and Richard Estes.
Next, proceed to the Reina Sofía Museum, which houses the best twentieth century Spanish art work. Learn about the century’s most influential movements like Surrealism, Cubism and Fauvism and check out the Museum’s large collection of paintings and sculptures by the great Salvador Dalí, Joan Miró and Picasso. One of the highlights of the tour is Picasso’s legendary “Guernica”, a painting that has come to be an anti-war symbol.
After the tour finishes at the Reina Sofía, but you can return to any of the museums, since the entrance ticket is valid until the end of the same day.
Some of the paintings included on our guided tour might have been assigned to another exhibition. In this case, they will be replaced by another work of art of similar artistic value.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 5|
Children under 5Free
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Art and history local expert guide.
Skip the line tickets to the Prado Museum.
Skip the line tickets to the Reina Sofía.
Skip the line tickets to the Thyssen Bornemisza Museum.
One drink (beer, wine, mineral water or soft drink) and tapa.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Madrid).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Calle Felipe IV, by the Madrid City Tour Information Centre.