Delve into the fascinating history and culture of the city of Toledo, declared a UNESCO World Heritage SIte, on this full-day tour from Madrid and explore its streets accompanied by an expert guide.
Toledo Day Trip
Head to the city centre at 9 am, where you will board a luxury air-conditioned coach and head to the City of Three Cultures, just 70km south of the capital.
The historic centre of Toledo, listed a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is one of the oldest in Europe. It is often called the “City of the Three Cultures”, a town where the Muslims, Christians and Jewish communities lived together centuries ago. The Old Town has a magnificent array of landmarks including Islamic, Renaissance, Baroque and Gothic architecture.
Upon arrival, embark on a walking tour of Toledo and visit the Iglesia de Santo Tomé, containing the painting “The Burial of the Count of Orgaz” by El Greco, Santa María la Blanca Synagogue, one of the oldest synagogues in Castilla that date back to the Middle Ages and the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
Afterwards, walk into the Mosque of Cristo de la Luz, built during the tenth century, when the Caliphate of Cordoba enjoyed its maximum power. Next, your guide will lead you to the Toledo Cathedral to uncover its masterpieces.
After the guided tour, you’ll have time to have lunch at your own leisure or enjoy a traditional regional lunch (if you choose one of the menus of the activity). In the afternoon, take a panoramic tour of Toledo in which you’ll enjoy beautiful views of the various monuments.
Before leaving, discover the art technique called Damascending, an inlaying of different metals. This process is used for jewellery, plates and other artefacts.
You will be dropped off at the city centre of Madrid at 5 pm.
You can either have lunch at your own leisure or you can choose one of the following menus:
- Tourist menu: Mixed vegetables, veal fillet with green beans and chips and vanilla ice-cream with a fruit salad. This menu doesn’t include beverages.
Children under 6 years old
This activity is free for children under six years old. Each adult may be accompanied by a child under five years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Day Trip Without Lunch
AdultsUS$ 91.60 US$ 73.20
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 82 US$ 65.60
Children 6-15 years oldUS$ 69 US$ 55.20
Children less than 6 years oldFree
Day Trip With Tourist Menu
AdultsUS$ 109.40 US$ 87.50
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 98.70 US$ 79
Children 6-15 years oldUS$ 82 US$ 65.60
Children less than 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Return transportation by air conditioned coach.
Official English speaking guide.
Guided tour of Toledo.
Admission to the various landmarks you visit during the tour.
Tapas menu (optional).
20% discount on the official ticket price.
Drinks depending on the option chosen.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 45 minutes before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can you leave suitcases in the bus during the excursion?
A - Yes, they will be locked up.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
San Nicolas 15 (next to Ópera).