Explore Salamanca, Spain’s most famous Renaissance city and then head to Ávila, surrounded by a perfectly well-preserved city wall during a full-day guided trip from Madrid.
Avila and Salamanca Day Trip
Greet your English-speaking guide in front of Las Ventas metro station at 7:45 am and board a comfortable coach that will head off to Ávila and Salamanca, both listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The first stop will be Salamanca, Spain’s most popular Renaissance city. You will wander through its main cobbled-stone roads until you get to the Plaza Mayor, one of the most impressive squares in Europe.
Then, you’ll continue to Plaza de Anaya, where you’ll admire the city’s two cathedrals: the New Cathedral of Salamanca and the Old Cathedral of Salamanca. You’ll also visit the city’s epicenter, where the University of Salamanca, the country’s first founded university, is located. Every year thousands of students from every nationality flock to study in this prestigious university. Don’t forget to look for the famous frog that is hidden in the building's façade.
You will have approximately one hour to eat at your own leisure. Your guide will recommend the best restaurants to try typical Spanish cuisine.
With a full belly, you'll hit the road to Avila, famous for its medieval city walls. During your tour of the town, you’ll marvel at the Ávila Cathedral, a spectacular fortified twelfth century church. You’ll also visit San Vicente Basilica, a beautiful Spanish Romanesque styled building and the 2,500 metres of medieval walls.
After visiting Ávila, you’ll be back in Madrid at around 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 3-11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
US$ 89.30 US$ 75.90
US$ 80.40 US$ 68.30
AdultsUS$ 89.30 US$ 75.90
Children 3-11 years oldUS$ 80.40 US$ 68.30
Children under 3 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Return transportation by coach.
Official English speaking guide.
Entrance to visit the Cathedral of Salamanca and Cathedral of Ávila at your own pace.
15% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Madrid).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Las Ventas metro station. The exit is Calle Julio Camba.