In Spain’s capital, it is relatively easy to find a good hotel for an affordable price and the public transport system is inexpensive.
Although the entrance tickets to the city’s museums and art galleries are quite costly, most of them also offer free entry at certain times of the day.
Below is a list with examples of prices in Madrid:
Food and drink
- Latte: € 1.25 (US$ 1.50)
- Small draft beer (caña): € 1.50 (US$ 1.80)
- Set menu in a “normal” restaurant: € 10 (US$ 12.10)
- McDonald’s menu: € 7 (US$ 8.50)
- Single metro ticket: € 1.50 (US$ 1.80)
- 10-journey ticket for the metro and urban buses: € 12.20 (US$ 14.80) (plus a € 2.50 (US$ 3) one-time fee for the metro card, Zone A only)
- Taxi from the Barajas Airport to the city centre: € 30 (US$ 36.40)
- A double room in a city-centre hotel: minimum € 50 (US$ 60.70) (approx.).