Enjoy a morning or afternoon in Toledo, one of the best preserved medieval cities in Spain, packed with stunning landmarks and artwork by El Greco.
Toledo Half-Day Trip
At the chosen time, depart from the centre of Madrid on a comfortable bus and head to Toledo, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. The journey will take approximately 45 minutes, and the first thing we'll do upon arrival will be to head straight to the Cathedral to admire the façade of the most important, and impressive, religious site in the former capital of Spain.
Next, we'll head to the San Tomé church, which houses the best known of El Greco's works: "The Burial of the Count of Orgaz". Here we'll learn of the different interpretations of the painting since 1587, with debate still raging centuries later.
Next, your guide will bring to life the history of the Jewish community that lived in Toledo, visiting its most important temple: The Santa María la Blanca Synagogue, where you’ll admire its famous whitewashed arches. Then we'll head to the San Juan de Los Reyes Monastery, taking a trip back in history to its origin and architecture. Did you know its construction was ordered by Queen Isabel I of Castilla?
We'll finish the tour at a stunning viewpoint, offering some of the very best views of Toledo. Cameras at the ready!
The tour then finishes, heading back to Madrid.
- If you want to spend more time in Toledo and visit the inside of the Cathedral, we recommend booking our full-day guided tour of Toledo.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
AdultsUS$ 66.30 US$ 66.30
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 60.30 US$ 60.30
Children 6-15 years oldUS$ 49.40 US$ 49.40
Children under 6Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Return transportation by coach.
English speaking guide.
Admission to the Iglesia de Santo Tomé.
Entry to the Santa María la Blanca Synagogue.
Entry to the San Juan de los Reyes Monastery.
When to book?
You can book up until the same day (2:30 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, only for folding wheelchairs.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Calle San Nicolas 15