The Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum in Madrid is part of the Golden Triangle of Art. Take a guided tour with a History of Art expert guide and discover one of the finest collections of art in the world.
Why visit Thyssen-Bornemisza?
The Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza is one of the most impressive art galleries in Madrid. Along with the Prado and the Reina Sofía Museums, it is part of the “Golden Triangle of Art”. With over one thousand works of art, the Thyssen’s private collection complements the collections of the other two most important national galleries in Madrid.
It houses masterpieces by El Greco, Dalí, Cézanne, Klee, Kandinsky, Rubens, Rembrandt, Renoir, Gauguin, among many others. This magnificent collection started in the 1920s is a must-see attraction for all those visiting Madrid and who are interested in art.
Moreover, the museum is housed in a charming neoclassical palace, which is also worth discovering.
Why reserve a guided tour?
Accompanied by a professional English-speaking guide, the 2-hour walking tour of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum is essential for all those that want to learn about the museum and its main artwork.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 24.80
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 24.80
Children less than 4 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Professional History of Art English speaking guide.
Skip the line admission to the Thyssen Bornemisza Museum.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (5:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Paseo del Prado 8