With one of the best Spanish contemporary art collections in the world, the Reina Sofía art gallery is the second-most visited museum in Madrid, after the Prado Museum. Visit this iconic landmark with an expert guide and learn about the gallery’s masterpieces.
Why visit the Reina Sofía?
Walk into the former hospital building which houses the Reina Sofía led by your guide and marvel at world-renowned twentieth century artists’ work such as Juan Gris, Joan Miró, Salvador Dalí and Pablo Picasso.
Learn about the Spanish culture and history wandering through the various rooms and via the several art movements like modernism, cubism and surrealism. Admire one of the world’s most forceful and striking anti-war paintings, Picasso’s “Guernica”.
Why reserve a guided tour?
As well as being inexpensive, this guided-tour is the best way to explore the Reina Sofía’s masterpieces in just two-hours.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 24.40
Children 3-11 years oldUS$ 24.40
Children less than 3 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Entrance to Reina Sofía Museum.
Expert English speaking art history guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Madrid).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
In front of the Reina Sofía Museum's main entrance, in Calle de Santa Isabel.