Discover Cuenca, a World Heritage City, and its magnificent hanging houses during a full-day trip from Madrid, followed by the surprising geological site of the Ciudad Encantada (Enchanted City).
Day Trip to Cuenca and Ciudad Encantada
Depart on your coach at 9:15 and head to the province of Cuenca, an important settlement ever since the Roman settlement.
Enjoy the colourful landscape during the one-hour journey until you get to Tarancón for a brief stop. Next, stop at the Ciudad Encantada of Cuenca, where you will follow an English-speaking guide through this Natural Site of National Interest full of peculiar rocks and singular shapes. You’ll get the impression that you’ve wandered onto another planet! This park has also been a movie set for several films including Conan the Barbarian, starred by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
You’ll hike up to the “Mirador del Ventano Diablo”, a spectacular overlook. You’ll then have an hour of free time to get some lunch, before continuing at 4 pm with a guided tour of Cuenca, where you’ll gaze at the famous “hanging houses” from the Puente de San Pablo, a colossal engineering marvel crossing the Huécar River.
On the other side of the bridge is the Old Town. Your guide will lead you to the Cuenca Cathedral, where you’ll appreciate its Gothic façade. You’ll stroll through Calle Alfonso VIII flanked by colourful buildings. After the tour, you’ll have time to explore the city at your own leisure and enjoy the terraces and buy a few souvenirs near Plaza Mayor.
At 6:45 pm you’ll drive back to Madrid and arrive at approximately 8:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 63.90
Children 3-11 years oldUS$ 44.90
Infants under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Ciudad Encantada of Cuenca.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - If we decide to leave the tour to eat, where will be left and how long will we have?
A - We'll leave you on Calle de San Francisco, a popular street full of bars and restaurants in the centre of Cuenca. You will have an hour and a half of free time for lunch.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Calle Ferraz, 22