Set off to Córdoba from Madrid on a high-speed train and discover this bewitching city and the Andalusian way of life. The tour includes a visit to the Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba, one of Andalusia’s gems.
Córdoba Day Trip from Madrid
First thing in the morning, you’ll embark on a full-day trip to Córdoba, catching the high-speed train from Madrid-Puerta de Atocha train station.
Upon arrival in the ancient capital of the Islamic Emirate, you’ll have time to explore the city at your own pace. Declared a World Heritage Site, the historic center is mesmerizing. We recommend you visit the old Jewish Quarter (judería) and cross the Roman Bridge that traverses the Guadalquivir river.
After a short walk, you will meet your English-speaking guide just a little before 10 am in front of the north side of the Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba. This religious edifice is one of the most-visited of Spain. The guide will tell you about its history, its famous arches and how it was founded by Abd al-Rahman I, and how it was transformed into a Roman Catholic church when the Spaniards reconquered the area. To conclude the tour, you’ll follow your guide to a tavern and have a beer and a typical tapa. A great way to discover the region’s traditional cuisine!
After the guided tour, you’ll have time to keep on discovering the old town at your own leisure until it is time to return to the railway station, where your train will depart at 8:29 pm. You’ll arrive in Madrid at approximately 10:15 pm.
Train departure times
- Departure time from Madrid-Puerta de Atocha to Córdoba: Monday – Friday: 7:20 am. Saturday and Sunday: 7:35 am.
- Departure time from Córdoba to Madrid: at 8:29 pm from Monday – Friday.
- Keep in mind that the departure times are written on the train tickets. We recommend you get to the train stations at least 30 minutes before your departure time to pass the security control, find the right train track and board the train.
- You must be at least two people to book this activity. Otherwise, you'll be asked to pay a supplement if you book this activity for one person.
- The synagogue is currently closed for renovations, so the tour will include other very special landmarks until it is reopened.
|Adults||Children less than 4 years old|
|High-speed train to Cordoba & Mosque-Cathedral Guided Tour||
High-speed train to Cordoba & Mosque-Cathedral Guided Tour
Children less than 4 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Return transportation by high speed train to Cordoba and back to Madrid.
Entrance to the Mosque Cathedral of Córdoba.
Expert English speaking guide during the visit to the Mosque Cathedral.
A tapa with a glass of beer.
Food and beverages.
Entrance to the museums and attractions, except for the Mosque Cathedral.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.