Delve into the history of the Spanish Civil War on this fantastic guided tour of Madrid. You will discover what day-to-day life was like between 1936 and 1939.
Spanish Civil War Tour
We will start the tour by the Monumento a los Caídos del Cuartel de la Montaña, in the centre of Madrid at midday and from this central point explore the places that served as a backdrop for the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939): the conflict that marked the Spanish 20th century.
For the next two hours, we will visit amazing locations such as the Temple of Debod, the former location of the Mountain Barracks, Ferraz Street, and Princess Street. We will arrive at the Air Force Headquarters, formerly the Model Prison, and bombed during the war years.
Along the route, we will reconstruct the Madrid of 1936 through wonderful photographs and videos. We will step into the shoes of the Madrilenians of that era and discover how the day to day life in the city was experienced during the hard years of hunger, poverty, and the uncertainty of war.
The last stop will be at the Parque del Oeste park, where we will see the imposing forts which were involved in many battles during the war.
If you prefer a more personalized experience only for you and your companions, we recommend that you book the private tour of Madrid.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 33% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 7 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 7 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide specialized in the history of Madrid.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (10:00 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Monumento a los Caídos del Cuartel de la Montaña