Set off on a 17-day trip from Madrid and discover the south of Spain, Portugal and Morocco and their most popular cities. If you have enough time, we recommend this our most complete tour.
Day 1: Madrid - Ávila – Salamanca - Porto
Leaving from the centre of Madrid at 8:30 am, we'll head West towards Castilla-Leon, stopping in Ávila, a city known for its famous medieval wall. Then we'll continue the tour towards Salamanca, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you'll have free time to explore the city, before we cross the border into Portugal and make our way to Porto, spending the night in the city.
Day 2: Porto
Breakfast in the hotel and a guided tour of Porto, a city famous for its bridges over the Douro River. You'll have free time here, and will again spend the night in the city.
Day 3: Porto – Coimbra - Fátima
After breakfast in Porto, we'll leave for Coimbra, known for its Portuguese fado. Having enjoyed your free time there, the tour will make its way to Fátima, one of the most important Catholic pilgrimage sites in Europe, before head to our accommodation for the night.
Day 4: Fátima – Batalha – Nazaré – Alcobaça - Lisbon
Having left the hotel in Fátima, we'll make our way to the Batalha Monastery - a masterpiece of Manueline, or Portuguese late gothic. Then we'll head to Nazaré, one of Portugal's most beautiful fishing villages, and with some of the world's largest swells, making it the location for any number of big wave surf competitions. Then having visited the historic Alcobaça villa we'll spend the night in Lisbon.
Day 5: Lisbon
The day will be spent getting to know the charming Portuguese capital - and again we'll spend the night in a hotel in the city.
Day 6: Lisbon - Cáceres - Córdoba
We leave Portugal behind and make our way to Cáceres, where you'll be able to appreciate its stunning mix of arab, medieval, and renaissance cultures and architectures. And we'll hit the road again, heading southwards to Córdoba, the ancient capital of the Caliphate.
Day 7: Cordoba – Seville
Explore the old town of Cordoba and tour the Mosque – Cathedral, considered by many as one of the most impressive monuments of Moorish architecture. Afterwards, head to the old medieval Jewish Quarter and you’ll be able to admire the Moorish influence still visible in the typical whitewashed houses with their romantic patios. In the afternoon, you’ll head to Seville, where you will spend the night.
Day 8: Seville
Set off on a panoramic tour of Seville, one of the most-visited cities in Spain. Marvel at the majestic Cathedral and the Giralda, originally built as a minaret during the Moorish period. Next, you’ll visit the authentic Sevillian neighborhood called Santa Cruz. Then, your guide will lead you to the Maria Luisa Park, along the Guadalquivir River and to the beautifully decorated Plaza de España. For lunch, you’ll have time to eat at your own leisure and continue exploring the metropolis.
Day 9: Seville – Ronda – Costa del Sol
On the eighth day, you’ll travel through the White Towns (Pueblos Blancos) of Andalusia and marvel at the picturesque whitewashed walls of the little village houses. Upon arrival in Ronda, one of the oldest cities of Spain, you’ll have free time to explore the dramatic landscape of this mountaintop town which sits above a deep gorge. In the afternoon, you’ll head to one of the most popular summer destinations in Spain, Costa del Sol. You’ll spend the night in Torremolinos, an appealing town with long clean sandy beaches.
Day 10: Costa del Sol
You’ll have the whole day to enjoy the marvelous beaches of Torremolinos, some of the best in Spain.
Day 11: Costa del Sol – Tarifa – Tangier – Rabat – Casablanca
Travel from Costa del Sol to Tarifa, a pretty village by the sea where you’ll board a ferry to Morocco. Upon arrival in Tangier and after proceeding through customs, you’ll take a bus to Rabat, Morocco’s political and administrative capital.
In Rabat, you’ll enjoy a panoramic tour of the city, where you’ll be able to see beautiful examples of Almohad architecture like the Royal Palace, the Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the unfinished Hassan Tower. After the tour is finished, you’ll continue the journey to Casablanca, where you’ll have the afternoon to explore the city at your own leisure.
Day 12: Casablanca – Marrakech
After breakfast, you’ll take a tour of Casablanca, the main city in Morocco. You’ll explore Boulevard d’Anfa, United Nations Square and Hassan II Mosque. Next, you’ll head to Marrakech, the most important city in the south of the country. Here, you’ll visit the Koutoubia Mosque, which has inspired the Giralda of Seville, then the see the Saadian Tombs, the Bahia Palace. You’ll also follow your guide through the narrow streets of the Medina and shop in the bazaar and admire the impressive Jamaa el Fna Square.
Day 13: Marrakech – Meknes – Fez
On the twelfth day, you’ll head northeast to the imperial city of Meknes, located in the heart of the Middle Atlas. Upon arrival, you’ll enjoy a panoramic tour of the city and stop in front of the beautiful Bab Mansour Gate. After visiting Meknes, you’ll continue to Fez, the oldest, wealthiest and most mysterious of the four imperial cities.
Day 14: Fez
In Fez, you’ll discover its Medina accompanied by your English-speaking guide and walk to the seven golden gates that give entrance to the Royal Palace of Fez, which is unfortunately closed. You’ll also admire the Jewish Quarter (Mellah) and cross the monumental Blue Gate (Bab Bou Jeloud).
Day 15: Fez – Tangier – Tarifa – Costa del Sol
On the fourteenth day, you’ll leave Morocco and return to Spain on a ferry from Tangier by sailing across the Strait of Gibraltar to Tarifa. Here, you’ll take the coach back to Costa del Sol.
Day 16: Costa del Sol
Enjoy a whole day of sunbathing, swimming in the Mediterranean Sea and exploring the Costa del Sol at your own pace.
Day 17: Costa del Sol – Granada
Head to Granada, the last bastion of the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada. Besides visiting the city, you’ll also follow your guide into the breath-taking Alhambra and the gardens of the Generalife. You'll then have time to discover the city at your own pace.
Day 18: Granada – Toledo – Madrid
On the last day, you’ll head back north to Castilla-La Mancha region and stop at Toledo, cradle of civilizations where the Muslims, Hebrews and Christians left their imprints still visible to this day. Your professional guide will point out the main monuments and traces of Arabic, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style architecture. After visiting the “Imperial City”, you’ll learn about Toledo’s renowned Damascening metalwork.
Hop back on the coach, and head to Plaza de Oriente in Madrid, where the tour will end at approximately 7:30 pm.
You can choose the type of accommodation you wish to stay at. Either in a:
Standard suite in a 4-star hotel:
- Porto: Hotel Tryp Porto Expo.
- Lisbon: Hotel Lutécia or Hotel Roma.
- Fátima: Hotel Estrela de Fátima or Aurea Fátima.
- Cordoba: Tryp Córdoba Hotel.
- Seville: Hotel Catalonia Santa Justa or Catalonia Giralda.
- Costa del Sol: Hotel Sol Príncipe or Sol Don Pablo.
- Casablanca: Prince de Paris Hotel or Mogador Marina.
- Marrakech: Hotel Kenzi Basma or Mogador Kasbah.
- Fez: Hotel Menzeh Zalagh.
- Granada: Alixares Hotel.
Superior suite in a 4-star hotel:
- Porto: Hotel Tryp Porto Expo or Bessahotel Boavista.
- Lisbon: Lutécia Hotel.
- Fatima: Hotel Estrela de Fátima or Vila Gale Opera.
- Cordoba: Hesperia Cordoba Hotel.
- Seville: Silken Al-Andalus Palace or Hesperia Sevilla.
- Costa del Sol: Sol Don Marco/Sol Don Pablo Hotel.
- Casablanca: Hotel Farah Casablanca orGrand Mogador City Center.
- Marrakech: Asni Hotel or Palm Plaza.
- Fez: Hotel Zalagh Parc Palace.
- Granada: Gran Hotel Luna or Catalonia Granada.
The prices are per person staying in a double room. You will be charged a supplement if you are travelling by yourself and want a single room.
- Each passenger must bring one suitcase maximum. All passengers must pass customs control with their luggage.
- You must provide us with your passport details at least 72 hours before your scheduled departure.
- You must pay a € 2 (US$ 2.40) tourist fee per person at your hotel in Porto and € 1 (US$ 1.20) in Lisbon.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-7 years old||Children less than 4 years old|
Children 4-7 years oldUS$ 1,749
Children less than 4 years oldFree
Children 4-7 years oldUS$ 1,955
Children less than 4 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transportation by luxury air conditioned coach.
Ferry from Tarifa to Tangier.
Expert English speaking guide during the whole trip.
Guided tours of Lisbon, Cordoba, Seville, Rabat, Casablanca, Marrakech, Fez, Granada and Toledo.
17 nights accommodation in 4 star hotels (standard or superior suites).
Daily breakfast and 12 dinners.
Porto tourist tax (€ 2 (US$ 2.40) per person and night).
Lisbon tourist tax (€ 1 (US$ 1.20) per person and night)
When to book?
You can book up until 14 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza de Oriente, near the Royal Palace of Madrid