Madrid Hop On Hop Off Bus
Explore Madrid with a Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour. This open-top double-decker bus is the most comfortable and practical way of discovering the city. Hop off and back on as many times as you want.
Madrid Hop On Hop Off Bus
The Madrid City Tour has various routes:
- Route 1 (Blue Line, historical Madrid): The whole journey takes 80 minutes. The bus will drive past Puerta de Alcalá, Gran Vía, Plaza Mayor, Museo del Prado, Cibeles Fountain, Templo de Debod, Royal Palace and the Almudena Cathedral.
- Route 2 (Green Line, modern Madrid): This route takes 65 minutes to complete. The journey includes Cuatro Torres Business Area, stopping at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, Plaza Colón, Calle Serrano and Plaza de las Cortes.
- Night route: (only available from 16 June to 15 September) it follows the same route as Route 1, but without stops. This way, you can enjoy the illumination of the Art Triangle and the Royal Palace, passing through Plaza de Cibeles and Puerta de Toledo.
Please note: on route 1 (blue, the historical Madrid), there are no stops at the following places due to remodeling works in the area: San Francisco El Grande (stop 14), Almudena Cathedral (15), Plaza Mayor (16), Puerta del Sol (17), Círculo de Bellas Artes (18) and the Thyssen Museum (19).
Check out a map with the different routes, stops, and possible changes to the itinerary at the following link:
How it works
You can either purchase a 1-day or 2-day ticket depending on your preference. Both tickets are not 24-hours, but are valid until the end of the first or second day, depending on the ticket.
You can hop off and back on as many times as you wish during the validity of your ticket.
You can use the ticket up to 15 days after the date you choose when you make the online reservation.
You'll receive a voucher in the confirmation email you are sent. Please validate your voucher on the first bus you take.
If you're a group of over 10 people, please redeem your voucher at the Museo del Prado bus stop (Calle de Felipe IV, 28014 Madrid), on the same day of the activity. It is not necessary for the whole group to go, one person can redeem the tickets.
Schedule and frequency
- March – October: Every day from 9 am – 10 pm.
- November – February: Every day from 10 am – 6 pm. On the 5th of January, the service finishes at 4 pm.
- Timetable for the night route: (only available from 16 June to 15 September) the route starts at 10 pm and ends at 12 am midnight.
Buses run every 30 minutes
The Puerta del Sol stop on route 1 is out of service until further notice.
On route 2 (the blue one, the historical one), there is no stop at the following places due to remodeling going on in the area: San Francisco El Grande (stop 14), Almudena Cathedral (15), Plaza Mayor (16), Puerta del Sol (17), Círculo de Bellas Artes (18) and Thyssen Museum (19).
Please note that the usual itinerary may be altered due to events in the city or other unforeseen circumstances (cultural or sporting events, official acts, construction, etc.).
1 day - 2 days.
The activity takes place with recorded commentary in English.
Unlimited use of the Madrid City Tour during 1 or 2 days
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Wheelchair accessible. This must be indicated in the reservation. An accompanying person is required.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
No printing of documentation required.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us .