Explore Madrid’s most famous bullfighting ring during a one-hour audio-guided tour and learn about a tradition that has existed in Spain since Roman Times and discover how it has evolved throughout the years.
Las Ventas Bullring Tour
Walk into the impressive bullring at any time you wish between 10am and 5:30pm and begin a fascinating audio-guided tour at your own leisure. Discover the building’s emblematic areas like the terrace, the levels of seating where visitors watch the clash called “tendidos” in Spanish, climb down into the bullring, check out the paseíllo, the ceremonial entrance, the bull pen, where the bulls are kept before the fight and learn about the cuadrilla, the team who assist the bullfighters.
Find out about one of the country’s most renowned traditions while you explore Las Ventas, a beautiful example of Neo-Moorish style. Then, visit the Bullfighting Museum of Madrid that houses impressive works of art and bullfighting dresses. You’ll also discover Spain’s most well-known bullfighters like Manolete.
Information about Las Ventas
Las Ventas Bullring has a seating capacity of 23,797. It is the largest bullring in Spain, built in 1929 and was formerly called Las Ventas del Espíritu Santo. It is considered the most important bullring in the world by fans of the tradition.
Las Ventas Bullring opens every day from 10:30 am – 2:30pm. On bullfight days, Ventas closes 4 hours before the show. Las Ventas is closed 25 December, 1 and 6 January. The Bullring will close at 2:30pm on 24 December.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Las Ventas Tour
Students and SeniorsUS$ 14.20
Children 5-12 years oldUS$ 7.10
Children less than 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with an audioguide in English.
Entrance to Las Ventas Bullring.
Audio guide in English and other languages.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
Calle Alcalá, 237.