Discover the historical and artistic heritage of these must-see locations in the Castilla-La Mancha region with this Toledo & Cuenca Day Trip from Madrid. Visit the ancient city with a mix of Arab, Jewish and Christian monuments and the town famous for its hanging houses.
Toledo & Cuenca Day Trip
We'll meet at 7:45 am by the Ventas metro station, and head to Castilla-La Mancha by bus.
Our first stop will be Cuenca with a one-hour tour around the old town of the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage city. The tour will begin next to the Castle of Cuenca ruins and then go down to the Plaza Mayor, where we'll admire the Town Hall facade and the Santa María and San Julián Cathedral. Nearby, we'll see the famous Hanging Houses of Cuenca, careful if you're not one for heights!
After this guided tour, you'll have an hour of free time to explore Cuenca at your leisure. Afterwards, we'll make our way to the capital of La Mancha. As soon as we arrive in Toledo, you'll have one hour of free time to eat.
At 4 pm we'll meet at the Plaza de Zocodover square for a walking tour of Toledo. During the one hour tour, we'll admire the city's main monuments, including the Alcazar, the Cathedral and the Santa María La Blanca synagogue. The visit will end at the San Martín Bridge and from there we'll take you to the Mirador del Valle, where you'll have the best views of Toledo!
The tour will end heading back to Madrid, arriving at the Ventas station at 6:45 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and Spanish.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
8% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (7:45 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Ventas metro stop (Julio Camba exit).