Ávila and Segovia, both World Heritage Sites, are cities with legendary histories. Discover them with this day trip from Madrid which also includes a visit to El Escorial.
Avila, Segovia and El Escorial Day Trip
After leaving Madrid, the tour will head west towards the stunning mountain landscape of the Sierra de Guadarrama.
The first stop will be Ávila, one of 15 Spanish cities belonging to the prestigious list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. You'll begin by looking out over its famous walls from the Cuatro Postes (Four Posts) viewpoint, one of the best locations from which to view the defensive walls that circle the ancient town. A walking tour through the historic centre will allow you to admire the architecture of important monuments such as the Basilica of San Vicente and the Ávila Cathedral.
The tour will continue in the nearby Castilian city of Segovia, where you'll explore the old town on foot. Here, you'll learn about the curiosities of the city's Roman and medieval history, and walk alongside its most significant historical symbols, amongst which the iconic Aqueduct is a particular highlight.
You'll then have an hour and a half of free time in Segovia to enjoy lunch (not included). You may also choose to visit monuments such as the Alcázar, one of Castile's best preserved castle-palaces.
After eating, you'll set off back towards the Community of Madrid. Before returning to the Spanish capital itself, you'll enjoy a guided tour of the Royal Site of San Lorenzo de El Escorial. As you explore its majestic rooms, you'll learn surprising stories about the different kings and queens who have lived here over the course of its history.
Following the tour of El Escorial, you will return to Madrid.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
US$ 94.80 US$ 77.10
US$ 84.80 US$ 69.40
AdultsUS$ 94.80 US$ 77.10
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 84.80 US$ 69.40
Children under 3 years oldFree
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Transport on bus with air conditioning.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Entrance to El Escorial Monastery.
19% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Madrid).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).
Plaza de Las Ventas.